Sunday 9 January 2011

New Year, Same Person

Every January, magazine coverlines scream all about the new you, I'm still the same person. Might change my hair, finally lose some weight, get a new job, write a book, go on a trip, fall in love, laugh, cry, dance, get drunk, fall over, eat something delicious, bake a cake, learn something, but essentially I'm still me.
2010 was not a great year to be me, I was unemployed, depressed and fat. I had days where I couldn't stop crying, couldn't get out of bed, couldn't see a way forward. Then towards the end of the year it all seemed to cheer up. I started my Masters degree, met my wonderful Boy, started my new job, reconnected with my best friend, things were falling into place.
 Entering this new year I'm feeling a lot more hopeful. My contract at work may be only 6 months long, but it's working out for now, and who knows where I'll be come May when it ends. My degree is tough, I have to work hard to fit in all my studying around my job but so far I'm doing OK. My friends are wonderful people, and hanging out with them is always great. Having my bestie back is awesome, she'd had a really rough time too, but we're speaking all the time, she's only a humorous text away, and our friendship is better than ever.
 Then there's The Boy. He's just fantastic. Makes me laugh and smile, and definitely deserves a post (or 6) of his own. I used to be this Ice Queen, he's melted me, and is one of the best things in my life. Falling in love is amazing, and I fall a little further every time I see him. Spent my NYE with him and some friends, and having someone to kiss at midnight, for the first time ever, was just perfect. Definitely more on him soon!
So while, it may be a new year, this me will stay almost the same, I don't need to change, I just need to remember who I am and what matters to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat.