Monday 10 January 2011

I should be writing an essay but...

Sometimes I can't summon the motivation to do things, to do anything. Like today, I have 2 assignments due in on Wednesday, I've been at work all day, I have work tomorrow. I was planning to do at least one yesterday, but I decided to just have a day to myself, to try to get a few chores done, to just have some quiet time. So I thought I'd write one tonight then the other tomorrow. However I just can't find the energy to do anything. I just want to slouch here, reading blog posts, watching TV, maybe even reading a bit more of my book. I've got my notes open beside me, an attempt to prod myself into working, but so far it's not working. Instead, I guess tomorrow night I'll be pulling an allnighter the like of which I haven't done since I was an undergrad and didn't know any better.
Anyway Glee is on in a minute (yes, I'm a bit of a Gleek) and so I'm off to veg out, lie like broccoli as Julia Roberts says in Pretty Woman (and Aleks regularly quotes). So night, night.

2 comments:

  1. I lay like broccoli all the time. That is my favorite line in that movie. I know the feeling dear. Maybe if you chill & relax for a bit and watch Glee you'll get a lil motivated! Good luck on the assignments!! =)

    Melanie's Randomness

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my favourite line too!
    I got the assignments done and handed in. Thanks for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat.