Tuesday 20 September 2011

On Not Having A Plan

Once upon a life I had a plan. I was going to get my A Levels and go to uni to do English Lit, which I did. Then I graduated and had no plan. Since then I've had several jobs, gone back to uni for a Masters, met someone I sometimes think I could spend my life with (or at least a considerable chunk).
Reading a lot of blogs, including The Bloggess; who inspired this post, it seems I'm not alone. Last week I turned 25 and said on Twitter that I thought I should have had a plan by now. My cousin, who's a couple of years older, pointed out that she doesn't have a plan either.
I talked to some of my friends, and a few of the people at the office, it seems most people, regardless of age, don't have a plan.
Don't get me wrong, we all have ideas about what we'd like to do, places we'd like to visit, things we'd like to accomplish. But there's no plan. No step by step guide to how to live their life.
I starting to realise that this is normal, having no plan is just fine. Maybe that is the plan.




http://youtu.be/Q9WZtxRWieM

Totally love this video and song. The Bloggess used it, so I'm doing the same. We share a love of the extraordinary Amanda Palmer, we should be friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat.