Monday 22 August 2011

The Well of Inspiration Has Run Dry...Again

Haven't had much luck with my supervisor so I'm plowing on with potentially the worse dissertation ever. I have no idea what I'm doing and can't imagine I'll make the word count by my deadline. I wish I could quote Douglas Adams "I love deadlines, I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by" and laugh, but if I miss this deadline then I don't think I'll be getting my Masters and will have wasted a lot of time and money for nothing. Problem is I honestly don't know whether I'll make it. I haven't wasted the summer, it's been very stressful and I've honestly tried to write before this. I just couldn't find the energy or motivation. I've done some reading, made notes, and now have to somehow produce one complete, half decent dissertation in, oh about a week.
I have this sinking feeling it's not going to happen. I don't know if I can ask for an extension. I'm trying to do as much as I can, but it's such a struggle. Well, here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat.