Saturday 11 September 2010

Writer's Diary

I'm thinking of giving short story writing ago. I tried it once before and quite enjoyed it, I found it quite disciplined, unlike longer forms it can be quite restricted. I like the idea of having rules, a word limit, almost like writing academic essays again!
I've been reading Stories, an anthology edited by Neil Gaiman and Al Sarrantonio recently, and it's inspired me to have another go at the format. I remember writing about short stories, and how they're usually about the Other, that slightly sinister, creepy, unknown. So there are a few ideas percolating in my head (just like a coffee pot) and I'm starting to make notes, to jot down the ideas and see where I can take them. So I guess I'll see what happens. I might put up a sample here when I think it's ready to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat.