Tuesday 5 January 2010

A day in the non-life...

Yet another massively unproductive day. I ran a few errands, lost a loyalty card in the process, came home with the wrong thing and ended up reciting Shakespeare to myself in an attempt to "get my mind off things". This terrible black cloud needs to be exorcised. I'm so fed up of it all.
I did see something strange today though, while waiting for a bus. There was a swan in the street opposite the bus stop, clearly disorientated and lost. A single, solitary swan. And a man, trying to keep the swan from wandering into the main road and causing a collision. He was phoning the RSPCA, and trying to herd the swan on the pavement, away from the cars. My bus came so I don't know how this ended, or what was wrong with the swan, just another moment of randomness I suppose.
I still need to clean my room, properly, scrubbing things down and throwing out random clutter. It won't get done, I procrastinate too much and get distracted too easily. The bookshelves could do with a spring clean too. Well it's not as if I have anything else to do. And I really need to get some writing done and fill out some more applications, for jobs and my masters. I hate application forms. My boots need repairing and there's things to post, but they'll have to wait til I have some money spare. How am I ever going to get out of here?
I need to be more productive, more organised, and more efficient. Leopards can't change their spots, but maybe, just maybe I can change the habits of a lifetime and actually get a life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat.