Thursday 5 August 2010

Calcium supplements vs. Diet Coke

Today I decided I should probably take a calcium supplement. I'm mildly lactose intolerant (milk makes me hurl, but I continue to eat cheese and chocolate because I'm contrary like that), so I can't really handle dairy and I worry about the state of my bones. I also have a mild love of Diet Coke, even though I know it's evil. My mother (a nurse, henceforth the fountain of all medical knowledge) tells me that the aspartame dissolves your bones, and I've seen footage of a tooth dissolving in a glass of coke, so I try not to drink too much of the stuff.
Now I'm wondering how powerful the calcium supplement is (it also contains vitamin D, useful as I don't really belong in the sunshine being the pale freak that I am), and whether it can undo the neglect I have already wrecked on my skeleton and fight the evil chemicals in my cold glass of DC. If so, yay! No osteoporosis for me, if not, that pile of crumbly bones and skin is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat.