Friday 2 July 2010

Because the universe does not make sense

So this week I was offered a job, yay! Then I'm offered two interviews for other jobs, whereas before I was struggling to get anywhere, now everyone wants me! It's ridiculous.

Yesterday I hung out with an old friend, I've known him since I was 7, we went to primary and then secondary school together, and we live round the corner from each other. We went upto the country park and just hung out, talking nonsense for a good while and listening to random music, and just chilling out in the sunshine, life should have more days like that.

This weekend is Pride in London, a bunch of my friends will be there, and so will I, it's important to support people you care about and stand up for them. As far as I'm concerned, you should respect people for who they are, and not judge them based on your own ignorance and prejudice. Gay, straight, black, white, orange with purple spots, people are just people and no one has the right to do them down. So I'll be there, amongst the rainbow flags and the people dancing away, standing up for my friends right to live their lives as themselves. (If it's too hot, I'll be in the National Gallery looking at the gorgeous paintings, it's next door to Trafalgar Square where they hold the party).

What's everyone else doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat.