Sunday 11 July 2010

If you have a quiet moment, here's one way to fill it

Last night/this morning I re-read an amazing book, Terry Pratchett's Nation. Now I'm a big TP fan, I think he's an incredible writer, and this is easily the most astonishing book he's ever written. Even if you've never read a word he's written before, I recommend you read this. It's full of big ideas, about life, death, the past, the future, the world and our place in it. When I first read it, I fell in love. It's not like anything the wonderful Sir Terry has written before. At times heart-breakingly poignant, and at others tender and warm, then funny, it's a book for any reader, and person who's ever asked questions about anything really. It leaves you asking questions, with tears in your eyes and a smile on your face. Just, quite simply, wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat.