Thursday 7 April 2011

Mad About The Boy

So it's been 8 months, 8 long months that have been some of the happiest of my life. My lovely, funny, smart, handsome, daft, wonderful boyfriend who told me once that he wanted to be my light in dark places has been part of my life for 8 months. 8 is a lucky number for some, and maybe it is for me. I feel better about myself, my confidence is higher knowing I have someone who loves me for me, someone I love for the person he is.
Two years ago he got really drunk and went out of a window, breaking his spine. Since then he's been wheelchair bound. I haven't written about this before because it doesn't matter to me, it doesn't change how I feel about him. He no longer drinks and will never be able to walk unaided. He does physio to build up his strength so he can walk in leg braces and using crutches when he graduates with his Masters degree. Standing he's 6'4", sitting he's the same just lower down!
It comes with its own set of challenges, but he is completely independent, doesn't consider himself disabled and is probably more capable than many able bodied people.
Recently he went to Sweden as part of the Team GB Sledge Hockey team, for the championships. I'm incredibly proud of him for excelling and representing his country, he's decided to take a break from international competition and play at league level as there's a lot going on. In January he passed his driving test, and should be getting a car soon. My chauffeur has arrived!!
I am completely head over heels in love with him. He makes me laugh, smile, melt. He is a kind, generous, loving soul and I couldn't imagine my life without him. (If you're reading this, I love you, here's to another wonderful 8 months).
We're not perfect, we argue, we bicker, we make each other angry and upset. But we make up, we talk it through, we try to fix things so we're not walking around resenting each other. This is how it should be.
I am so grateful and so wowed by how genuinely lovely he is.
I wish everyone this kind of happiness (only not with this one, he's mine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat.